Monday, November 10, 2008

The Great Black Hope

For crying out loud.... Blogger was giving me trouble the day after the election, so here goes.

November 4th came and went. America overwhelming chose change, not McCain's "reform", in the most important election in a generation. Barack Obama will be a once-in-a-lifetime President. My hope is that he has every opportunity to enact his ideas and that the country has some patience in seeing it happen. My bet, though, is that two years from now when it's time for mid-term elections again, the Republicans will complain about what promises he has yet to fulfill, or even address. And my fear is that some racist fanatic from southern Appalacia will pick him off before he has the chance. God help us. And remember, fanatics: Joe Biden promised in the Veep debate to carry on Barack's policies (unlike Palin, who said she'd do her own thing... honorable.) So deal with it and put your damn guns away.
I'm excited to see what the next four years brings because, in part, I feel like I will have a better handle on myself and my family financially, educationally, professionally, and personally. A solid economy means a good job for Nathan (and me, but less worried there), lower interest rates on all of our loans, more cash in my 403b and the girls' 529s, etc. All those things I should be paying more attention to, but can't seem to. I'm ready for change.

No comments: